The success of any restaurant depends on a clear vision. Clarifying the concept and establishing a branded service experience is the key.
Part one: Concept Clarification & Development
The success of any restaurant depends on a clear vision. Clarifying the concept and establishing a branded service experience is the key to the long-term success of any restaurant.
- Clarify Concept
- Establish Brand Identifiers
- Determine Sales and Service Strategies
Part 2: Restaurant Manager’s Tools and Systems Writing Workshop
A sound foundation of product knowledge and service and sales practices is essential in creating a culture of excellence.
Servers and managers need to all be on the same sheet of music - share a common language and must possess the tools necessary to make them successful
- Write “Hook, Line and Sinker “Sales Dialogue
- Create Glossary
- Write Site History and Chef/Manager Bio.
- Write Branded Server Sales and Service Game Plan
Part 3: Romancing Food and Wine for Sales Success
Product knowledge is the foundation of sales success. And, one of the most effective ways to impart knowledge is to show the creation of a dish from its raw ingredients to its final plating.
Wine is both confusing to guests and servers alike. This underscores the importance of the demystifying wine, creating dialogue and teaching strategies to sell wine. Wine is the key to dinner success!
- Conduct “The Food Show”
- Conduct the Wine Seminar:
- The Benefits Selling Wine: The What’s in It for the Guest, the Seller and the Restaurant
- Wine Demystification: Getting out of the Wine Wilderness
- Wine Bytes: The Five Key Elements of a Wine Presentation
- The Ten Strategies of Selling Wine: Steps to Sales Success
Part 4: The Seven Ways Successful Servers Sell Seminar
How much will order takers cost you? Provide the motivation, skills and competencies to inspire your staff to become artful salespersons, experience makers and create lifetime guests.
These techniques are now part of the selling cultures of major companies in the US and abroad.
Participants will learn:
- The Rolodex Technique: Avoid the “yes/no”
- The “Hook, Line and Sinker”: Build pictures that sell
- Selling with Senses: Create impulse buying
- The Guided Tour: Make the menu come alive
- The Grouping Technique: Create permission buying
- Story Telling: Add pizzazz
- The By the Way Technique: Develop savvy selling
Part 5: Presentation and Coaching for Star Performance
Every manager - every executive knows the importance of great presentations - they make their message come alive, enhance learning and boost morale.
And - every manager also knows the impact of effective coaching - how it “turns talent into performance,” builds guest and employee loyalty and brings dollars to the bottom line. Yet - these two competencies are two of the most intriguing and difficult to master.
Participants will learn:
- The Ten Ingredients of a Dynamite Presentation
- The Seven Steps of Running a Magnificent Pre-Shift
- Casting for Star Performance
- The Art of the Coaching Conversation